donderdag 11 april 2013

Quotes

Spending a lot of time walking with my baby to get him to sleep (he's teething and not enjoying the experience). While I walk, I listen to CD's or read something. Not that I don't enjoy looking around at God's beautiful world, but there aren't many paths to walk where I live so those paths are very well known to me :)

I love to read. Whenever I read a book I have a pencil ready and I mark the passages I think are well written and which speak to me. What I miss however, is a way to easily return to those great quotes and be reminded of whatever was said. Seeing how a person needs to hear a new truth at least 7-8 times before it will sink in... I just need more repetition. But I don't have time to reread every book 7-8 times so what to do?

Last year I came up with an idea that would work for me. I started making my own quotes calender to hang in the bathroom where I can be reminded of all the wisdom I come across - and hopefully become the wiser for it.

Basically I type the quote into Photoshop, make a nice layout, print and laminate. Then punch a single hole in  the top and hang all the printed quotes on a single hook in the bathroom. That way I can very easily change the quote showing AND it all stays clean.

These 4 quotes are from a CD by the Love and Logic Institute called 'Shaping Self Concept'. It's a great CD and I will be sharing more quotes from it as I have time to get the layout done.





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten